Monday, February 8, 2010

About Me

Most now know me as Carla Fisher, but I’ve also been known as Carla Engelbrecht (in various spellings), Radish, or simply Red. (But let the record show that calling me Red only reminds me of Toni the lunch lady in 3rd grade. Do you really want to be associated with that memory?)

I design, research, and produce kids’ games (mostly digital, mostly educational) and online learning environments. Depending on the client’s needs, I’m available to oversee the production process or consult at various stages of research and development if a development team is already in place. (See this pdf of my freelance services for more information.)

As much of my work focuses on helping game designers incorporate developmental psychology and research into their game design paradigm, I also offer workshops for clients who wish to educate their staff on bridging game design with developmental psychology and research methods. 

One day soon, I’ll also complete my studies for a doctorate in instructional technology and media at Teachers College, Columbia University.

If you want the full story of my career, my resume/c.v. and a list of freelance services are both online. 

If you’re interested in working with me, please drop me a line at carlaeng /at/ gmail /dot/ com. Or connect with me on Facebook or LinkedIn. I'm always happy to connect with others in the field!

Blue skies,
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment